Is Your WNR2000v4 WiFi Router Blinking Amber?
WNR2000v4 is a simple and compact router that comes with a friendly price. The WiFi router is one of the best options for enjoying decent internet speed and WiFi range in all areas of a home. When it comes to performance, the router is extremely faster and is able to transmit 500MB of data over the WiFi network in a matter of minutes. However, users sometimes face issues with the device. The most common among others is the router blinking amber.
If you are also facing the same issue and power LED of your router is not turning green or white, then this post can help. Here, we will help you fix the router blinking amber issue by guiding you with step-by-step instructions.
The issue can trouble you in many ways like:
• Power LED Amber
• Power LED blinking Amber
• Power LED not turning Green
• You can’t connect your devices to the WiFi network
Let’s now start with the troubleshooting tips to fix your WNR2000v4 WiFi router issues.
How to fix WiFi router blinking amber issue?
Before starting the troubleshooting of your device, make sure the power adapter of your router is properly connected to its power outlet and also keep in mind that you are using the same adapter that came with the purchase of your WiFi router.
• Restart your router by turning off its power button and then turning it back again to see if the LED on it turns green or not.
• Power cycle your WiFi device by unplugging its power cable and then plugging in back after some time.
• If the LED of your router is still blinking amber, connect your router to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
• Set the IP address of your computer/laptop to static.
• Once done, run the command prompt by typing cmd in the Search box and then hitting Enter.
• Type ping 192.168.1.1, and press Enter.
• If you get replies, then probably the issue has been fixed.
Just in case, you are still experiencing the same LED blinking amber issues, then chances are the firmware of your router is outdated. In such a case, you need to update the firmware of your router to the latest version. Here’s how to do this:
Update Router Firmware
For fixing the LED blinking amber issues, consider doing router firmware update by following the steps below:
• Connect your modem and router using an Ethernet cable.
• Power up your devices.
• Launch a web browser on your computer/laptop.
• Visit routerlogin.net by typing the URL in the web address bar.
• Enter the default login details and click the Log In button.
• Navigate to Settings of your router and locate the Administration option.
• From there, select the Router Update option.
• If any new firmware update will be available for your router then you will be notified for the same.
• Get the update by selecting the Firmware Update.
• Let it upload.
• Once done, your WiFi router restarts.
After completing the firmware update process for your router, check if the LED blinking amber issue has been resolved or not.
Still the same?
Well, it seems there is some other issue with your router. For diagnosing the problem and having an immediate fix, you are suggested to contact our expert technicians.
Our proficient and highly-skilled professionals will help you make your router operational in a quick manner.