Can’t Access 192.168.10.1 Router IP Address?
192.168.10.1 is an IP address used to access the web user interface or admin panel of a wireless router. In other words, it is the default gateway through which one can log in to the device to set it up or customize its settings. 192.168.10.1 IP address does not belong to the model of every router. There are only a few brands whose routers can be used via it. Some examples include Wavlink, PTCL, etc.
Though accessing this IP address is not a daunting task, still a lot of tech-savvy users find the process difficult to execute. If you are one of them, following the steps mentioned below will help you to log in to your device via the 192.168.10.1 IP address.
How to Access 192.168.10.1 Manually?
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to log in to the router using 192.168.10.1 via the manual method:
- Power on your computer and connect it to the network of the router.
Here is how you can make the device access the WiFi of the host device:
- Open the network list on the device.
- Find the NETWORK NAME or SSID of your device.
- Enter the WIFI PASSWORD and select the CONNECT button.
- Wait for some time. Soon your computer will have internet.
- Load a browser on your computer.
- Hover the cursor of the mouse to the address bar or URL field.
- Enter the IP address, i.e. 192.168.10.1 there, and hit Enter.
- Soon the login window will appear asking you to enter the details.
- What details? Well, the username and password.
You should know that the default username and password are not the same for all router models. They may vary. Some examples are as follows:
- Username: admin Password: admin
- Username: blank Password: admin
- Username: admin Password: password
Thus, check what the login credentials of your wireless router are before entering them into the required fields.
- Click the LOGIN button or press the ENTER key.
Has the setup wizard appeared? Well then, it is a sign that you have successfully logged in to your networking device using the IP, i.e. 126.96.36.199. Now that you have logged in, the time has come for you to learn how to change the settings of your router. Keep reading.
How to Update Router Firmware via 188.8.131.52?
Firmware is software that is in every router. It is important to keep it updated if you want to prevent yourself from getting stuck with technical issues. In this section, we have explained in detail how you can update the firmware of your WiFi device by accessing IP:
- Open a web browser on your system, i.e. computer or laptop.
- Access the 184.108.40.206 IP address and log in to the device.
- Once you have accessed the main dashboard, click SETTINGS.
- Select MAINTENANCE > ADVANCED > FIRMWARE UPDATE.
The instructions to update the firmware also varies from model to model. You will understand the same better after reading the steps given in the following section.
- Go to the address bar of your browser.
- Access the official website of the router’s brand that you own.
- Enter the model number or serial number.
- Download the latest firmware version and unzip the file.
- After this, open a new tab in the browser and input 220.127.116.11.
- Pressing the Enter key will display the login window.
- Enter the username and password in the fields given.
- Select LOGIN and let the main screen appear.
- Hit SETTINGS > FIRMWARE UPDATE > BROWSE > UPLOAD.
While the firmware of your wireless router is getting updated, it is recommended that you do not interrupt the process by unplugging your router from its wall socket.
Apart from updating the firmware of the router via 18.104.22.168, you can also change the network name, hide the SSID, change the WiFi as well as login password, switch the WiFi channel, and do much more.
In order to know how to execute these processes using the default IP address or the web address, i.e. routerlogin.net, you should make your way to the user manual of the router that you are using right now. Not just the processes, but you will also find the specifications related to your device in there.