Is Your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Not Working? What to Do?
“I am not able to make the most of my Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 wireless router. When I tried to make my laptop join the router via the WiFi password, the Genie app said “scanning” but it disappeared after some time. I cannot reopen the app. What is happening? I no longer know what can be done to resolve the issue. Can I get help?”
This query has been bugging many users out there who are trying to set up their Netgear AC1900 routers using the routerlogin details. Considering you are standing in the queue, know one thing, i.e. the problem is not with the router, is it with the app. This means that you are not a victim of the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 not working issue. Instead, the issue at hand is that the Netgear Genie application is not letting you set up the device.
Why is Netgear Genie App Not Helping You?
The only reason why you cannot set up your networking device using the Netgear Genie application is because Windows 10 does not support it. Do you not believe us? Well, in that case read the information given on the official website of Netgear or see this image:
In this case, you should consider making the Netgear AC1900 wireless router up and running using any other setup method. They are as follows:
- Manual method
- Nighthawk app
Not sure about how these methods can be used? No issue. Continue reading and find out how you can let go of the assumption “Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 not working” and set up your networking device using an alternative method:
1st Alternative: Manual Method
- Get access to an Ethernet cable.
- Pair the modem to the host device with its assistance.
- To be specific, connect the modem to the YELLOW INTERNET PORT of the router.
- Once cone, create a connection between the client device and router.
- Pressing the power button will turn the router on.
- Make your way to an internet browser and enter routerlogin.net.
- When you will be asked to log in, do so with the default login password.
- Select ADVANCED > SETUP WIZARD > YES > NEXT.
- Once the router has detected your internet connection, you will again be prompted.
- Now you need to enter the new admin password.
- Select NEXT and update the firmware of the Netgear AC1900 WiFi router.
- Soon your networking device will reboot after the firmware update finishes.
- The BASIC Home screen will appear indicating that you have set up your device.
2nd Alternative: Nighthawk App
- Unlock your mobile device in case you have locked it.
- Once done, download the Nighthawk application on your mobile device.
- Then, attach the antennas that came along with the Netgear AC1900 router.
- Make a connection between the networking devices.
- Wait for the WIFI LED to become solid.
- Is a stable connection established? Now, you ought to turn on the router.
- Find the network name and password by looking at the label.
- Go back to your mobile device .
- Select SETTINGS > WIFI.
- Make the device access the internet via the details found on the label.
- Once done, open up the app that installed earlier on the mobile device in use.
- Walk through the steps given in the application to finish configuring the router.
Still Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Not Working?
In case the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 not working issue is not an assumption for you, and you are actually facing this issue, then it could be because the device is not being installed by you properly. In this scenario, here is what you can do:
- Reboot your modem prior to connecting it to the Netgear wireless router.
- Use a damage-free Ethernet cable for the establishment of the connection.
- See to it that the distance between the networking devices is not too much.
- Use the correct IP or web address when required.
- If you are using the app for the installation, your mobile should have enough space.
- Re-install the app and then try to set up the Netgear AC1900 wireless router using it.
Considering the Netgear Genie app is not supported anymore, many users face issues trying to set up their networking devices, whether they are routers or extenders. It even leads them to assume that something is messed up with their device itself just like you thought that the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 not working issue is troubling you. But, in actual, the issue is with the mobile application.
We are hoping that after reading the information presented above, you will be able to set up your networking device with ease using the setup method of your choice.