Why Does My Router Keep Disconnecting During Netgear AC1750 Setup?
No doubt, performing Netgear AC1750 setup is the perfect way to access a blazing-fast internet connection. However, we can’t deny the fact that like any other technical device, home routers are prone to certain issues too. And, one of the most famous issues that users all across the globe face with their router is that it keeps losing internet connection.
Endless troubleshooting tips have been implemented, yet the issue persists. If you are struggling with the same issue, then it’s high time that you walk through the methods mentioned below. By the time you reach the end of this blog post, the internet issue would have gone far away from you. So, without waiting any further, let’s get the ball rolling.
Reasons Why Your Netgear AC1750 Router Keeps Disconnecting
Before you learn how to resolve the issue, you need to be aware of the reasons why you’re facing it in the first place. That way, troubleshooting the issue will become easier for you.
Here is a list of the reasons why your AC1750 WiFi router keeps disconnecting:
- The placement of your Netgear WiFi router is not ideal
- You have connected your router to the modem securely
- The firmware of your WiFi device is not up-to-date
- You haven’t performed the process of Netgear AC1750 setup properly
Keeping the aforementioned reasons in mind, proceed further and know how to resolve the issue.
Fixed: Router Keep Disconnecting During Netgear AC1750 Setup Issue
Check the Placement of the Router
The wrong placement of your WiFi router is the number one reason why the internet connection keeps dropping. But, don’t worry because we’ve got your back. To troubleshoot this issue, here are a few things that you need to consider:
- Position your router in a neat area.
- Do not place your device in an area filled with transmitting appliances and metal objects.
- Keep your home router away from reflexive surfaces, fish tanks, mirrors, and much more.
- Also, do not place your device inside a cupboard.
Securely Connect the Router and Modem
Another reason why the internet issue is troubling you is because your WiFi devices are not properly connected. Thus, ensure that you’ve connected your router securely with the modem. To do that, follow the points mentioned here:
- Instead of a WiFi source, use a wired source to connect your AC1750 router and modem.
- If that doesn’t work for you, then power cycle your Netgear WiFi router.
Update the Firmware of the WiFi Device
If the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips weren’t of any help to you, then there are high chances that your router is operating on an outdated firmware. Think about it, what happens when you forget to update any of your devices? They start causing unnecessary problems, right? Well, it looks like that your Netgear AC1750 WiFi router is doing the same thing. Therefore, it is important that you keep updating your device from time to time.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow to update the firmware of your home router:
- Power on your computer and open a web browser.
- Then, access the routerlogin.net web page.
- Go to Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update.
And with that, you’ve successfully updated the firmware of your Netgear AC1750 WiFi router.
After you’ve updated the firmware of your WiFi device, log into your router using 192.168.1.1, and check whether the internet issue has been fixed or not.
Unfortunately, if you aren’t able to, then feel free to contact our experts at any hour of the day. Just give us a call at 1-855-406-0666 and get the answers to all your queries.