Quick Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Netgear Router Login Issues
Bothered by Netgear router login issues? Not to worry! This post is all about the different ways to get rid of common Netgear WiFi router login problems. Continue reading.
Netgear is one of the most reputed brands offering top-rated WiFi routers for businesses, consumers, and service providers. Apart from the routers, the company also provides wireless access points, cable/DSL gateways, security IP cameras, switches, and much more. Talking about Netgear WiFi routers, they are best in catering the networking needs of every type of home.
Some of the best Netgear routers include Nighthawk Pro XR500, Netgear R6230, Nighthawk R7000P, and Orbi RBK50. No matter whether you have employed Netgear AC1750 setup or Nighthawk XR500 router setup in your home, the login process will remain the same for all router models. So, let’s first guide you on how to log in to Netgear router and access its settings with ease.
Steps to Log In to Netgear WiFi Router
Chances are that you are not following the correct login steps due to which you can’t access the settings of your router. But you don’t have to worry. Here are the steps to consider while accessing the router login page:
- After connecting your Netgear router to the modem, turn on both devices.
- Switch on your PC and launch your preferred web browser.
- You can choose any web browser such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Google Chrome.
- In the URL bar, type routerlogin.net and hit Enter.
- On the off chance if you see a warning message saying the website is not secure, click on the Proceed Anyway link.
- As soon as the Netgear router login window appears, enter the admin user ID and password.
- Hit on the Log In or Ok button.
That’s how you can log in to your Netgear WiFi router. Now, you can easily perform the Nighthawk router login setup by following the on-screen steps you find after logging in.
Netgear Router Login Issues
At times, you might experience issues while accessing the Netgear WiFi router login page. However, you can apply the below-given troubleshooting ways to fix those login issues:
1. Browser Cache
The browser is accumulated with lots of files creating cache. And this cache may prevent you from accessing the Netgear router login page. So, it’s always recommended to clear up cache from the browser you are using. Here are the steps to delete browser cache from Google Chrome:
- Load up the Chrome browser and click on the Menu icon.
- Click on Tools and choose the option that says Clear Browsing Data.
- In the prompted window, choose the time range and hit the Clear Browsing Data button.
Another method to delete the browser cache is to click on the Google Chrome > Browser Toolbar > Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data button.
Steps to Delete Browser Cache for Internet Explorer
On the off chance if you use Internet Explorer browser, follow the steps below to clear the browser cache:
- Open the Explorer browser and click on the browser toolbar.
- Click on the Settings > Privacy and Security option.
- Hit the Choose What to Clear option under the section that says Clear Browsing Data.
- Choose the options that you wish to delete and click on Clear.
Once done, try accessing the router login page and check if the issue is now resolved or not.
2. Use the IP Address
You can also use the Netgear router default IP address to log in to its web user interface. In the event that you are not able to access the login page using the default IP address too, try using another device like your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- At times, multiple devices connecting to your network can create Netgear router login issues. So, be certain that only the device on which you are accessing the login page is connected to your network. Rest all WiFi and VPN connections should be disabled.
- If nothing solved the Netgear router login issues for you, feel free to contact our highly-qualified technicians.
Done! In this way, you can fix the Netgear router login issues.