Netgear CAX30 Firmware Update [Keeping Your WiFi Safe]
Are you a Netgear CAX30 router owner? We hope you are aware of the latest issue going on with these devices. Aren’t you? Lately, multiple Netgear users have been stuck with security vulnerability issues with their Netgear cable modem routers. Our expert team has successfully been able to provide them with support in the best possible way. With the number of reporting users increasing, we have decided to gather the entire troubleshooting process and put it down in the form of an informative blog so that it reaches a maximum number of Netgear users.
All you need to do is read this blog, understand what you are supposed to do to keep your network safe, and then apply the hacks mentioned in this guide to avoid standing in the queue of users who have been stuck with security vulnerabilities with their Netgear cable routers.
How to Keep Netgear CAX30 WiFi Network Safe?
As we know it is very important to stay online nowadays as most of our jobs are done online. It is equally important to keep our WiFi safe as all our important personal data is available online. In order to keep your WiFi network, you can do multiple things, like :
Change Your WiFi Password
It is suggested by our technical experts that you change the WiFi password once every three months. It is the best practice to keep the network safe from WiFi bandits. You can access the settings of your Netgear CAX30 WiFi router to change the WiFi password.
Modify Netgear Admin Password
Apart from changing the WiFi password, our experts recommend changing the admin password also once in three months. For this also, you need to access the Netgear routerlogin.net admin page.
Important Points to Remember Before Changing Password
Whether it is the WiFi password or the Netgear admin password, there are a few points that you need to put into consideration:
- Use strong, long, and unique passwords.
- Do not use the same password for different accounts, like here do not have the same password for WiFi and admin login.
- Include numbers, alphabets, and special characters in passwords.
- Always have passwords that include upper as well as lower cases involved.
- You can also use a passphrase as a password. This will make it easier for you to remember the password.
- Avoid using your birthdays, anniversaries or your pet name as passwords.
Update Netgear CAX Firmware
Another step that you need to take is to update the firmware on your Netgear CAX30 as soon as possible.
To Automatically Update firmware
- Access rotuerlogin.net on your PC first.
- Log in to it using the admin login credentials.
- On the Basic Home page, select Advanced>Administration>Router Update
- The Router Update page will open up.
- Click on the Check button.
- This action of yours will check if any firmware update is available. If there’s one ready, then you will be notified by a message if you want to download and install the firmware on your CAX30 router.
- Click on the Yes button to confirm the firmware update.
- The firmware will be downloaded and installed on your Netgear router.
To Manually Update Firmware
- Download the latest version of the firmware for Netgear CAX30 and save it at any location on your computer or laptop.
- Now, access the rotuerlogin.net login page and input the admin credentials to log in to the admin panel.
- After you are logged in, you will reach the Basic Home page.
- On this page, click on Advanced>Administration>Router Update to open the Router Update page.
- Click on the Browse button and locate and select the firmware file that you earlier saved on the PC.
- Now, click on the Upload button.
- The firmware installation process will begin.
Important Points to Remember While Firmware Updates
- The firmware update process should not get interrupted by any way. Thus, do not do any background activity on your PC during the process.
- The power supply as well as the internet connection to the router should be stable as faulty connections can also interrupt the firmware update process.
- While you are manually downloading the firmware for your router, make sure that you download the firmware that is meant for the Netgear router CAX30 only.
We hope you have got a clear idea of how to keep your WiFi safe being a Netgear CAX30 user. If you need personal assistance regarding the same or any other Netgear router-related tasks, then contact our experts directly.