PlayStation Network Sign In Failed with Netgear Router [Fixed]
Is the PlayStation network sign in failed with Netgear router issue troubling you? Well, we understand how annoying this issue can get especially for a game freak as it prevents one from playing games on the PS. Are you also a big time gamer and are experiencing the same issue? Fret not as we can assist you to get rid of it. The question is, how?
You just have to go through the info given below. By the time, you have made your way to the end of it; the issue would have left troubling you. But, before you get down to the solutions, become acquainted with the reasons this issue arose. Keep reading.
Why Did PlayStation Network Sign In Failed?
There could be many reasons why the PlayStation network sign in failed with Netgear router issue is behind your back. Some of them have been highlighted here:
- You have entered the wrong password while trying to sign in.
- The PS network server is down due to maintenance.
- Maybe, there is something with the Netgear WiFi router that you are using.
Now, you should read the troubleshooting solutions give below and learn how to resolve the issue which you are experiencing at the moment.
PlayStation Network Sign in Failed Issue [Fix]
1. Enter the Correct Password
You can commence with the troubleshooting process by entering the right password. See in case this little effort helps you to fix the PlayStation network sign in failed with Netgear router issue. In case it did not, then you should not waste any more time in reading the next troubleshooting solutions in line.
2. Check the PS Network Server
As mentioned earlier, the PlayStation network sign in might also be failing because the server is down. Finding it hard to believe us? In that scenario, select Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection. Now, you may read the on-screen instructions and make sure that your console can get online in a matter of minutes.
3. Start the Console in Safe Mode
Another thing that you can implement to resolve the issue at hand is to start your PlayStation console. Do this with only the basic functions active. For this, you need to use the Safe Mode. To go about the process, turn off the console for 3 seconds. Done? Now, hold the power button again and release it after hearing 2 beeps.
Still PlayStation Network Sign In Failed?
Despite following the troubleshooting techniques mentioned above, in case you are still experiencing the PlayStation network sign in failed with Netgear router issue, then your last resort is to reset not just the PlayStation but also your router. To learn about how to reset both, continue reading this blog post.
How to Reset PlayStation?
- In order to restore systems software to the default mode, select Settings.
- Click the Initialization section and select Restore Default Settings.
- Walk through the on-screen instructions on the screen.
- Undo the restoration process in between.
- Turn off the PS system during the operation, or else your system will get damaged.
How to Reset Netgear Router?
- Locate the reset button on the side panel of your Netgear wireless router.
The position of the reset button will vary on the model which you are using. So, if you cannot locate the button, then you may look at the diagram given in the user manual.
- Use an oil pin or a paper clip to press it for 30 seconds.
- Let your networking device reboot properly.
- Unplug the Netgear router from the wall socket amidst the rebooting process.
- Use the tip of a pencil or pen for that matter to press the reset button.
What Should Be Done Next?
As soon as you have restored the PlayStation as well as the Netgear wireless router, it is recommended that you set up both of them. To configure the Netgear router, you can either use routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1, i.e. web address or IP address respectively. And to configure the PlayStation, you can refer to its user manual.
Now, you can either use WiFi or an Ethernet or LAN cable to connect the PlayStation to the internet of the Netgear wireless router. For this, you need to select Settings. Then, select Network > Set up Internet Connection. Read the on-screen prompts in order to finish configuring the network settings.
This ends the troubleshooting guide based on how to resolve the PlayStation network sign in failed with Netgear WiFi router issue in a matter of minutes. If you were careful while walking through the fixes given in this post, nothing will stop you from fixing the issue that you have been experiencing. If what we are hoping has indeed come true, you are free to play games online. Not just this, but you can also play audio CDs.