Netgear Router Internet Light Amber? Let’s Fix it!
Netgear is the choicest option for those who want to enjoy internet access in every nook and cranny of their homes. Although all the routers offered by the Company are high-performing, some are witnessed to cause a few issues. One of the most seen issues that is getting viral on the internet these days is the Netgear router internet light amber. If you are also in dire straits and unable to fix the issue on your own, then we’ve got you covered.
This blog enlists various tips and tricks that may help you fix the Netgear router internet light amber issue. So, without killing any more time, walk through the hacks below and make your Netgear router perform at its best in a jiffy.
Fixed: Netgear Router Internet Light Amber
1. Reboot Your Netgear Router
Your Netgear router may be acting up and showing amber light due to a technical glitch. To do away with the problem, you need to reboot your WiFi device.
For making the process happen, we suggest that you pull out the power adapter of your router from its wall socket after disconnecting the router from all other devices. After a while, simply plug the adapter back into its outlet and check if the Netgear router internet light amber issue has been fixed or not.
2. Contact Your Internet Service Provider
The issue you are currently facing could also be from the end of your Internet Service Provider. So, check with your ISP and ask him to fix the issue.
If you are being informed that nothing is wrong from the end of your data provider, switch to the next hack in line.
3. Check Internet Speed
Netgear router internet light amber issue could also occur if the speed of your Internet is not up to the mark.
Thus, ping your router to ensure whether you are receiving the defined internet speed or not. If not, have a nudge on your data plan and see if you have sufficient data remaining with you. If not, update your data plan as per your WiFi needs.
4. Relocate Your Router
People also face the issue at hand if their router is placed too far from its access point/modem. So, check if you have committed the same mistake.
If yes, then relocate your router keeping the range of your modem or Access Point in mind. Additionally, consider placing your router away from things causing WiFi interference. For example, you can locate the device far from microwave ovens, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cellular phones, and treadmills.
5. Perform Factory Reset
You may fall victim to the Netgear router internet light amber issue if the configuration of your device is not performed in a well manner. In such a situation, you need to take your router back to its factory settings and then set up it again from scratch.
Although the process of reconfiguring a router is effortless, some users find it a hard nut to crack. If you are also finding yourself in the same queue, the below section is what you need to check.
Here’s How to Reconfigure Your WiFi Router
As soon as you are done with restoring your router to the default settings, try following the points below to make the device up and running again:
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable and connect one end of it to the port of your router and the other end to the port of your modem.
- Ensure that your modem is configured beforehand.
- Now, plug the power adapter of your Netgear router into a working power socket.
- Let the LED lights on the device turn on and become stable.
- Once done, get access to a virus-free device and open a web browser on it.
- It is suggested that you make use of a web browser that is not only updated with the latest software version but also free of cache and cookies.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address field of your browser and hit the Enter key.
- You will then be taken to the Netgear router login page.
- Here, you need to type the default username and password of your device.
- Proceed further by clicking Log In and you will be redirected to the GUI of your router.
- Certain on-screen prompts will then reveal.
Follow all instructions the same as they are and complete the reconfiguration process of your WiFi router.
The Concluding Thought
We foresee that you will no more experience the Netgear router internet light amber issue on your device. Just in case following all the hacks given above are not bearing you any success when it comes to fixing the issue at hand, we recommend contacting our support team for quick and personalized assistance. FYI, we’re available to fix Netgear router issues, 24×7.