An Explicit Guide to Enable Plex on Netgear Nighthawk Router
Have you decided to enable Netgear Nighthawk Plex? First of all, pat yourself on the back because you took the right decision. We are saying this because Netgear Nighthawk Plex allows one to stream media files to other devices that are accessing your home network. In other words, now you can manage your photos, videos, and audio files that are stored on an external USB hard drive [which is attached to your router].
In this post, we have talked about the steps that will help you to enable Plex on the Netgear Nighthawk router via routerlogin.net with ease. Thus, go through this 5-minute read.
How to Enable Plex on Netgear Nighthawk Router?
- Start by connecting your external USB hard drive to the USB port of your router.
- Without any further ado, open your system, be it a computer or laptop.
- Open the internet browser that you usually use.
- Locate the address bar. Once found, enter routerlogin.net in it.
- Press the Enter key.
- Before you can even blink an eye, the login portal will come into view.
- Perform Netgear extender login via the admin login username and password.
- On the BASIC Home screen, look for the PLEX Media Server option.
- Soon, the Netgear Nighthawk Plex Media Service page reveals.
- Select the Download and Enable PLEX Media Service button.
- Thereafter, click on the Apply button.
- Within some time, Netgear Nighthawk Plex Media Server is enabled.
- Click on the Open Plex button.
- Once the window shifts, follow the on-screen instructions to create a Plex account.
With that, you have reached the end of how to enable Plex on your Netgear Nighthawk router process. In case, you came across any technical issues while doing so, following the hacks given below is recommended.
Can’t Enable Plex on Netgear Nighthawk Router?
1. Enter the Correct Web Address
Check the web address that has been entered by you. In case it is not matching the original one, then type it again. Also, see to it that for this, the search bar is not being used. Instead, only the address of your internet browser should be used. Otherwise, you won’t be able to stop yourself from experiencing major technical issues in the future.
2. Use the Correct Login Credentials
In order for you to successfully enable Plex on the Netgear Nighthawk router, accessing the BASIC Home screen is important. And that is only possible if the right Nighthawk router login password and username have been put to use.
Therefore, check the details that you have used. If there is even a single typing error in it, consider entering the login credentials again.
3. Update the Internet Browser
Although after following the above-mentioned hack, you will be able to enable the Netgear Nighthawk Plex Media Service with ease, in case, you don’t, check the web browser that you are using. Is it not updated?
And there, you have found another reason that might be stopping you from enabling Plex. Thus, it is recommended that you update your internet browser right away. Apart from this, clearing up your browser’s cache, and cookies is also required.
4. Check the Connected USB Drive
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks prove to be useful to you? Well, in that case, check the external USB hard drive that is connected to the USB port of your router. Is it connected properly? To be specific, it is connected tightly to the port? If not, you know what to do then.
After walking through these hacks, see if enabling Plex on your Netgear Nighthawk router is possible now. If not, then it is probably because you have followed the wrong steps or skipped one in the middle. Therefore, consider performing the process again.
The Bottom Line
The process of enabling Plex Media Server on Netgear Nighthawk router is quite easy; however, plenty of users are unable to execute it with ease. Taking this into consideration, we hope that you were able to go about the process with ease after following the steps given above in this blog.
In case, what we are hoping for does not come true, then it is recommended that you waste no more time contacting our team of professionals. They will surely be able to put you out of your misery.