How To Allow/Block Users To Access Wi-Fi?
For NETGEAR Routers, you can use the access control feature to block devices from connecting to your Internet Connection. With this feature, you will be able to allow or block internet access to certain devices on your internet connection.
Note: If you are using the access control feature to block the internet access to the devices then those devices will still be able to access the local network and contact other devices connected through the local network.
How To Allow/Block Users To Access WiFi?
To set up the access control feature on your NETGEAR Router, follow these steps:
- Open an Internet browser and in the URL bar type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.net.
- A login page will appear. Enter the login username and password to log in. The default user name for NETGEAR Routers is admin and the default password is password.
- The Admin Panel of the router will now be displayed.
- Now, go to ADVANCED > Security > Access Control.
- Click on the Access Control checkbox to turn this feature ON. You won’t be able to use the Allow and Block buttons without enabling this feature. If this feature is not enabled then the blocked devices will be able to access the internet.
- There are several radio buttons available and you will have to select one of the following:
1. Allow all new devices to connect: This will allow internet access to all the new devices that will connect to the network.
2. Block all new devices from connecting: This will block all the new devices from accessing your router’s Internet connection, but they will still be able to access the router’s local network. Keep in mind that before a device is able to access the Internet through your router, you must enter its MAC address for an Ethernet connection and also its MAC address for a WiFi connection in the allowed list. This access control feature is only for the new devices that will be connecting your network in the future after you enable this feature.
- To allow your current device or PC to access the network, select the checkbox next to your computer or device, and click the Allow button.
- Click on the Apply button. All the changes will be made.
- Change NETGEAR Router Password
- Factory reset NETGEAR Router
- Reset forgotten NETGEAR router password
- Change WiFi network name (SSID)
- Power cycle your NETGEAR router
- Allow/Block Users To Access Wi-Fi
- Setup Router using the Nighthawk app
- Find Connected WiFi Users
- Secure Your Wireless Network
- Find MAC Address