How to Setup Netgear Router?
Don’t you know how to setup Netgear router? Looking for the step-by-step guidelines to perform Netgear router setup? If so, get Netgear router support from our experts and make your WiFi device working in a hassle-free manner. Let’s first give you an overview of how to setup Netgear router.
Steps to Perform Netgear Router Setup
Netgear router setup can be performed using different methods. If you want to configure your WiFi device using a smartphone then better to download the Nighthawk app on your device. Those who want to do the setup using their computer or laptop can use the manual method to make their Netgear router up and running. Go through the steps below and perform the Netgear router setup manually.
How to Manually Setup Netgear Router?
- Unpack your Netgear router and attach the antennas (if any).
- Power up the router by inserting its power plug into a working wall outlet.
- Now, with the help of an Ethernet cable, connect the router to your existing modem.
- Check the Power LED on your Netgear router. If it is green in color, you can proceed further.
- Now, turn on your computer and launch an internet browser on it.
- For doing the Netgear router setup, enter the default web address routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- As soon as you press the Enter key after entering the Netgear router default web address, you will be directed to the login page.
- Thereafter, enter the default username and password of your WiFi router and choose the Log In button.
- Netgear router setup wizard will open on your computer’s screen.
- Once you see it, head towards the settings of your Netgear router and locate the list displaying available methods to set up Netgear router.
- Choose the Manual method from the list and hit Next.
- You will then be guided by various on-screen instructions following which you can complete the Netgear router setup process.
- This is how to setup Netgear router using the Manual method.
For avoiding any hassle between the Netgear router setup process, you are advised to follow the steps the same as given above. If still you find any issues while setting up your Netgear router, you can contact the Netgear router support team to help you out.
How to Setup Netgear Router Via App?
As mentioned earlier, you can also set up your Netgear router using the Nighthawk app. Here’s how to setup Netgear router via app.
- Download the App on your smartphone by navigating the App Store.
- Once installed, launch the app.
- You will be asked to create your Netgear account. So, do the same.
Quick Tip: If you don’t know how to create a Netgear account, seek help from Netgear router support experts.
If you have already made your account, use the login credentials to proceed further.
Rest will be guided to you by the app itself. Thus, follow the prompts flashing on your smartphone’s screen and complete the Netgear router setup process.
Checkpoints to Get Netgear Router Setup Success
While the process of Netgear router setup is not very complex, but still some users find it troublesome and can’t get success with it. If you are also facing any issues while completing the setup of your Netgear router, here are some checkpoints you need to keep in mind for the successful completion of the process.
- While setting up your Netgear router, consider keeping it closer to your modem.
- Use an updated internet browser to access the default web address of your Netgear router. Also, cleaning the browsing junk from the browser can help you get success with the Netgear router setup process without seeking any Netgear router support.
- Check if all the wired connections of the router, modem, and PC are accurate.
- During the first-time installation of the router, try to establish the connection between the modem and router using an Ethernet cable rather than opting for a wireless connection.
- Keep the Netgear router away from things or objects that could create WiFi interference. These may include refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, reflexive surfaces, aluminum studs, and then some.
- Password-protect your Netgear router after completing the setup process in an attempt to secure it from unwanted threats.
- Consider keeping the firmware of your Netgear router always up-to-date for making the most of your WiFi device.
- Needless to say, turn the router off when not in use to give the device some rest and save power.
If you will keep the above-listed checkpoints in mind while doing the Netgear router setup, you will be able to complete the process quickly and easily.
If still something is bothering you and you can’t complete the setup of your Netgear router, feel free to reach the team of Netgear router support for getting prompt assistance and fixing the issue for you.